Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweating Out Need for Comfort

Sweating out my need to always be comfortable in a Sweat Lodge.

I will never forget this day I went to the lodge. Let me first tell you how it came up.

It was back when I first started responding YES to things.
Keep in mind this was back when we were a little more well off so we thought. I say that because when my wife asked me to go I was thinking something different, like a warm building with changing area.

When we get to the place I notice it's a farm or something like that and it's dark. We don't know how much it will cost, I am mad because I don't know what is going on, I am from the cities but out in the sticks where people get killed. Ain't that funny. People die in the cities all the time.

Soon we see the person in charge and I ask all my questions like:
Q: Where do we change?
A: Theres a spot you can change by the lodge.
Q: How much is this?
A: No charge. If anyone charges for this it is not real. Some may charge $5-10 to pay for space but not more then that.

At this point I don't know what I said yes to or why, FEAR is kicking in. Sorry I forgot to tell you it is Winter and yes we have snow on the ground.

We start walking to the lodge about 2-3 blocks at least with snow to my knee almost. When we get there we see the River and this little dome. I did not even think this was it, one because I'm looking for building two I can't fit in there.

Turns out the building to change was no building. Change from street clothes to sweat lodge clothes outside standing in snow. Guess what the Universe said "YES" we got you.

This I will keep short because it is different for everyone. But for me 6ft 3in 300 pounds I was NOT Comfortable at all. I found the peace of mind I needed by sitting on ground sweating for at least an hour. Not to mention the family of mice the hide behind me. The last 30 min. I sweated, was calm, relaxed and felt one with the Spirts.

I want to thank my wife Nikki DiVirgilio for allowing the space for me to grow in my way. This was an experience of a life time.

And that is OBMO

1 comment:

  1. It was a great experience, and it helped sweat out my need to be comfortable as well. Thanks for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment if you like what you are reading become a follower.