Sunday, August 9, 2009

The New Gold Rush

What do you consider a Gold Rush? I keep waking up with this thought in my head. I have done some more reading about good old route 66 because it has been a long time since I have.

My oldest is moving west to go to an acting school to be a pro actress. See she already is an actress bit that transition to pro is the next step.

As much as it scares me for her to not to be living in my house. It brings me great joy to see her working craft unfold in front of me. I realize that she is growing up and maturing beyond her years. And we are close to the time when she leaves the nest. I like most parents always knew this would come, but this has happened seemingly quicker then expected.

This must be the New Gold Rush because I am thinking about it a lot these days.

When you watch the only piece of video I know of with her acting you will see (You Can't Take it With You). You will see what I see and what she knows deep in her know. I have no doubt in my mind that she will "Strike Gold" as long as she keeps her zero point focus on her craft.

We all can do great things even if we don't find Gold at first. We just need to remember that Gold is down there somewhere. Having that courage or blind faith is what is required to do these types of great things.

To travel from a place of precived comfortability (home) to an unknown place only to discover "Gold" is the type of faith required to achieve great things. If you have not figured out what the Gold represents it is Self Fufilment.

My question is are you willing to take the required steps to achieve your dream? Do you even know what your dream looks like? Do you have a dream? If for whatever reason you don't know take the time to find out because we are all on a Gold Rush.

OBMO

1 comment:

  1. Best post yet- for more on our daughter's journey west, check out:
    http://stepstotheredcarpet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment if you like what you are reading become a follower.