Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What is a good tip?

Do you tip at buffets or when you go out to eat or have food delivered? If so what is your standard tip you give for good service? Is a standard 10% - 20%?

I almost always tip 10% as a Standard Min. at all service type establishments. I think the most I have ever tipped was 25% for great service.

What is really funny is when I tip below 10% or over 20% I ask to speak with the manager. Either way the server is nervous but I feel good service should be acknowledged as well as bad.

As a part time pizza driver I understand the impact of low tippers. Most service persons make the min. wage and depend on your tip to compensate that base wage.

For me I have started to decline to take deliveries outside of the zone because they seem to tip the worst. That just seems messed up to me because they are out of the zone and I would think they would tip better.

Your pay should equal you worth and for that you will need to start your own business to earn that. While a tip is a small token of ones appreciation of what you do or did.

With that said think about your tips and tip according to the service you get from the person providing the service. Don't tip less because food is expensive because the person providing you with service usually is not the owner.

OBMO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment if you like what you are reading become a follower.