This was a co-worker of mine that I did not have the chance to get to know on this Human Level as well as I would have liked. We would say high when passing but never anything deeper than that.
When searching I found this on a Face Book page that may or may not be Mohamed's. But it is very fitting to this situation "I'm never alone, Allah is always there with me :), see to me it does not matter the faith you follow. What does matter is that you have some Faith.
I can't help but to think about how most people come to the USA, they come here for a change. Jim Rohn said its the ladder that America offers, like no other country. He was talking about the ladder to the top of whatever you want. Only in America can you start from the bottom and still make it to the top. Capitalism is what makes America so attractive yet also makes us a target by other country's that don't like our system.
The real reason for writing this post is because Imagine what it would be like to leave your home country after seeing all the fighting and killing. Only to come to America to start fresh to see that we have issues too.
Mohamed Has 4 kids the youngest being less than 6 months old. My heart goes out to him because he did what most men do is risk everything to provide what the family needs. What does that family need you ask? Great questions. The family needs a place were the kids don't have to worry about being raped, molested, shot while playing with friends and world with nourishing food with Friends and Family that care.
Somali's and African American's have had great tension for as long as I can remember seeing Somali's here in Minnesota. Some say because they don't think of African Americans as one of them. Blacks I would guess are just looking to have dominion over someone because I don't really understand what the issue is. I have had not problems with the Somali's but that could just be me. This was Somali on Somali crime sad truth I must say, I was glad it was not an African American because that would have started a War between Somali's and Blacks and we don't need that as we are trying to live work and play together.
What is most interesting is the Somali's are joining gangs and dealing drugs and all the same stuff that an oppressed society does to survive. This does not make it right but I hope it help spread the truth. The truth that we need some jobs in this country, we can't keep supporting our communities with these drugs and by any means necessary mentality or Hook or Crook. I understand you have to do what you have to do but lets be real you can't make enough money on the corner to do any real positive change in the world.
I want to sum this post up with I understand that when we are hurt we think and eye for and eye is the best option. I would like to ask you what faith do you follow? I am not asking you to be soft or a punk but if you don't see that your eye for and eye mentality leave us both blind to the faith we follow. I don't know of any faith that suggest we play GOD and decide who must live and die or decide who is good or bad.
That is OBMO
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for you comment if you like what you are reading become a follower.