Monday, March 8, 2010

"Dad yesterday was the best day ever" Lilli Rogers

TD Jakes told a story about how his son Dexter was hanging out with him in meetings one day. Dexter told TD that if he could just get his game boy he would be good for the rest of the day. After the meetings TD told Dexter that he could go and play ping pong with the kids in the game room. Dexter played for a little while but wanted to play with TD Jakes.
 
TD was resistant because it had been awhile since he played, but did play with Dexter. He tells the story of the ball flying everywhere but he had forgot how fun it was to do those types of things.

I share this story with you to let you know that I had the same experience with my child. We had no plans and just went with the flow and it worked.  I did fall asleep but she said I did not miss much at the movie.

I learn so much about myself when with her because she knows how to push my buttons. But what I realized is when I was just present with her she acted more grown up more respectful. I spend more money than I wanted too but the time shared with Lilli was worth more than money can buy.
 
The truth of the story is take some time to get to know the little people in your life. If I died tomorrow I would be hurt because I did not act on these feeling sooner in life, but I know in my know that I was blessed to share "the best day every" with her.

Love you more than words or money can say or spend and the reason is because you are you.

OBMO (Dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment if you like what you are reading become a follower.